Welcome! I’m excited to participate in my first Virtual Vegan Potluck – an online feast of plant-based food, where over a hundred food bloggers are coming together to share their amazing recipes. What am I bringing to this feast? These awesome sandwich muffins that I wish I always had on hand (for breakfasts, snacks, or potlucks.)
The idea for these muffins came to me while I was enjoying a peanut butter & banana sandwich. Why not make this yummy sandwich into a muffin? The results – so good.
Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich Muffins (vegan. oil-free. whole wheat.)
yield: 12 muffins
4 very ripe medium bananas
2 Tb. ground flax seed
3/4 cup warm non-dairy milk
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4-1/3 cup agave or maple syrup (to taste)
1 Tb. vanilla extract
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 Tb. baking powder
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash two of the bananas. Slice the other two bananas into 1/4” thick rounds.
- In a cup, mix the ground flax seed and warm milk together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, peanut butter, agave or maple syrup, and vanilla. Add and mix in the mashed bananas and the flax/milk mixture.
- In another small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together, then add it to the wet ingredients, and stir just until combined.
- To make the muffin “sandwiches”, put a heaping tablespoon of muffin batter into each muffin cup. Top the batter with 3 slices of banana, covering the batter. Now cover the bananas with the rest of the muffin batter, dividing the batter evenly among all 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until muffins are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy your muffin sandwiches and the rest of the potluck!
Go forward to see what Bankrupt Vegan has brought to the potluck:
Go back to see what My Good Clean Food has brought to the potluck:
Do you want to start at the beginning of the potluck? Go here to Vegan Bloggers Unite. Enjoy the feast!